Director of Engineering
RDT is a family-owned, custom, commercial refrigeration manufacturing company servicing the foodservice industry. RDT continues to provide the foodservice industry with best-in-class refrigeration rack systems, advanced refrigeration monitoring devices and intuitive defrost control systems.
We are presently seeking a Director of Engineering. This position will office in our corporate offices in Waxahachie, TX (about 30 miles south of Dallas).
Our organization is searching for an individual to take on the responsibility of overseeing all engineering activities in order to meet business objectives of our fast-growing company. The successful candidate will drive the technical improvement and optimization of all our products, be accountable for all aspects of technical performance, and will ensure that company objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner. They will also be an integral part of the Management team for the company.
Some of the areas this position will be responsible for are:
- Ensuring company compliance with all government regulations (primarily DOE & EPA).
- New product development and new product applications to maintain our leadership role in the industry.
- Development, improvement, and application, of electronic controls for our products.
- Being on the leading edge of new technology and industry trends for communication with both our customers and our employees.
- Development, distribution, and communication of technical information on company products.
- Responsible for providing engineering expertise and design support to the Project Management and Production Management teams.
- Responsible for providing technical sales support for our sales reps.
- Helping maintain and improve the corporate compliance culture within the company.
Successful candidates MUST have:
- 5-10 years thermodynamics and refrigeration application engineering experience. 5-10 years experience working with electronic controls.
- 5-10 years HVACR industry experience.
- Proficient with MS Office and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong team building, decision-making, and leadership skills.
- Must be assertive in making decisions and holding employees’ responsible.
We offer Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, and a profit sharing plan. Salary will be based upon experience and qualifications. All interested applicants should submit a resume with salary history to HR@rdtonline.com.